This year gingerbread baking turned out to be a tad more complicated than usual. While next year there will probably be little hands helping (or getting in the way), this year I was supported by my reliable husband and a carrier from @babytulaeurope 🤎!’
Catch @aleglodomorek favourite gingerbread recipe!
Ingredients (approx. 4 biscuit trays)
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of sugar
2 heaping tablespoons of honey
teaspoon of baking soda
1 heaping tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of gingerbread spice
2 eggs (one to grease the gingerbread)
1. combine dry ingredients. Pour flour into a bowl, add sugar, baking soda and gingerbread spice. Mix together.
2. add the honey and butter to the pot. Heat to melt the butter and wait for it to cool down.
3. combine the dry and wet ingredients in the bowl of a mixer, add the egg and beat with a flat mixing paddle.
4. turn the prepared dough out onto a floured pastry board and shape into a ball.
Divide the dough into several smaller parts and roll out into 3 mm thick slices. Cut out the cakes and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Crack the second egg into a bowl and, using a whisk, combine the egg white with the yolk. Brush the egg mixture onto the gingerbread cookies using a brush.
7. preheat the oven to 180ºC and bake the biscuits for approx. 8 minutes.